- Plural of marigold
Marigold may refer to:
Flowering plants in the family Asteraceae in the following genera:
Species with the common name marigold include members of the Asteraceae as well as other plant families. In the Asteraceae:
Place names, such as:
Marigold is found in literature and entertainment:
- For the short story by Eugenia Collier, see Marigolds (short story)
- For the Nirvana song, see Marigold (song)
- For the 2007 hindi film, see Marigold'' (2007 film)
- A character in The Witcher
- A character in a Streetlight Manifesto song called "The Receiving End of It All".
- A myth describing what seems to be creation of the marigold is mentioned in the story of Clytie and Apollo, although the plant concerned is often considered to the heliotrope.
Marigolds are found in celebrations:
- Marigolds figure prominently in Mexican Day of the Dead celebrations.
Marigolds are found in slang terminology:
- In British English (colloquial):
- A Marigold is a rubber glove, especially a yellow or orange one one used for washing dishes.
marigolds in Japanese: マリーゴールド (曖昧さ回避)